newyorker:

A cartoon by Liana Finck, in this week’s issue.

newyorker:

A cartoon by Liana Finck, in this week’s issue.

Tags: cartoon

SKRWT - TUTORIAL from SKRWT on Vimeo.

If you care, then SKRWT is for you! Being photographers and Instagram-addicts ourselves, we dreamt of an application that could fix the one thing that still made our photos look like snapshots – distorted lines due to the wide-angle lens in most of today’s mobile phones. So we went and straightened things out.

Watch this tutorial to get a good look how the Missing Link in high-end Mobile Photography takes care of all the converging lines!

DOWNLOAD: get.skrwt.com

-

SKRWT’s features:

- CORRECT LENS DISTORTION
- ALL-PURPOSE LENS CORRECTION
- OPTIONAL VIGNETTE CORRECTION
- FULL AUTO-CROPPING
- ADJUSTABLE GRID
- GALLERY-STYLE WHITE BORDERS
- HIGH PRECISION CROPPING
- NON-DESTRUCTIVE WORKFLOW
- INTUITIVE UI

-

Photo credits:

instagram.com/monodelespacio
instagram.com/tpdgsuppliesco
instagram.com/nikpalomares
instagram.com/stevenwex

-

#skrwt #doyouskrwt #allhailsymmetry

skrwt.com

East of Kensington (Full Movie) from Kensington Creative on Vimeo.

Years after Peter Pan and the Lost Boys have overthrown the pirates, Peter visits London to return Wendy to Neverland and is kidnapped by a mysterious Stranger residing in the decaying remains of the Darling House. Peter is forced to confront a harsh reality that challenges his innocence.

Small Little Things from jared hogan on Vimeo.

Set in the stark backdrop of an American suburban winter, Small Little Things follows the story of two teenagers as they meet and fall in love. A dreamy, surreal portrait of young love, shifting between fantasy and memory.

2014 Official Selection at the Raindance Film Festival
2014 Official Selection at the Indie Memphis Film Festival
2013 Official Selection at the Bradford International Film Festival

Starring Rachel Middleton and Christofer J. Hardee
Written and Directed by Jared Hogan
Executive Producer Kevin Thomas
Associate Producer Justin Robinson
Cinematography by Ben Joyner
Edited by Jared Hogan
Original Music by Joel Khouri (with Drake Margolnick and Joel Willis)
Sound by Jeremiah Clever
Art Director Eric Hurtgen
Gaffer Brent Christy
Key Grip Josh Jones

Special Thanks to Mack, Meredith and Harvey Brock
and Maria, Winnie and Olive

Today, “a privileged 1 percent are sheltered from risk while they draw resources from the other 99 percent.”

Tags: review

Ember: Page Element Snaps from Realmac Software on Vimeo.

As well as snapping entire webpages in Ember, it’s easy to snap particular elements of a page.

Check out this video tutorial to see how.

Ember: Web Snapping from Realmac Software on Vimeo.

Capture entire webpages with Ember.

Download a free 14 day trial of Ember, as well as the free Ember browser extension for Safari and Google Chrome, here: realmacsoftware.com/ember

Ember: Add Supported Files from Realmac Software on Vimeo.

As well as images, screenshots, and web snaps, you can add many more kinds of files to Ember. Import, organise and view files such as PDF, QuickTime videos, SVG graphics as well as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop files.

Download a free 14 day trial of Ember here: realmacsoftware.com/ember?source=vimeo

Make someone or something the center of attention with focal blur from Pixlr on Vimeo.

A how-to video for Pixlr for Mac and PC. We show you how to focus in on one area and blur out the background for an artsy effect.

Create a color-based mask with the Color Selection Tool from Pixlr on Vimeo.

The Influence Panel in Pixlr for Mac and PC has a bunch of masking tools. Here’s how to use one that focuses just on making masks by choosing colors in your photo.